Mom, I'm bored...
As a mother of 5 and know how hard it is for parents to relax if their kids are not busy, I promise that there is plenty for your kids to do here!
Children and keen parents can join me for a morning tour of the farm. I will take you through all the animals and gardens and explain what we are currently up to.
- Feed chickens and collect eggs.
- Feed and pet Pugwash and Pumba our mini pigs.
- Get to know Daisy and Baaa-sil our very tame sheep.
- Say hi to Sherwood and Charlie our equines.
- Pet the cows
- Hunt for treasure! I set up a little treasure hunt on the farm for all visiting kids.
- Swim or paddle in the dam right in front of the cottage. There are also nets and buckets for catching tadpoles.
- Jump on the trampoline.
-Plant a tree, please see our tree planting initiative.
- Play Swing-ball .
- Play in the sandpit.
- Ride bikes all over the farm road. (Bring your own)
- The cottage is stocked with board games, cards, books, puzzles etc
In the Area:
If you still feel a need to explore the surrounds, there is a booklet in the cottage listing family friendly activities in the area.
Platbos forest is next door, apart from being a beautiful and magical place, it is an easy flat walk for little legs.
MTB!!! We are on the Klipspringer Trail, head out our gate on your bike, grab your permit at Lomond WInes and continue on one of the most beautiful MTB trails in the country.
Wine tasting at Lomond Wines. Just around the corner. You can see the vineyards from your cottage.
Quad bike trails suitable for the whole family leave from the farm next door.
Beaches are 15 minutes away.
The historic village of Stanford is also a mere 15 minutes away, with some great restuarants for lunch.
Stanford Hills does fabulous family lunches and wine tasting and has a great play area and dam for swimming and paddling.
Cheese tasting at Klein River Cheese, also has a huge play area.
You will be spoilt for choice!